In the video, John, Gary, and Martin discuss the different factors to consider “How to pick a Domain Name “when choosing a top-level domain (TLD) for your website. They talk about the price, popularity, and whether or not a custom TLD makes a difference in search engines. They also discuss the use of second-level domains, dashes, and keywords, and how they can affect SEO.
Here are some of the key points from the video about How to pick a Domain Name :
- The .com TLD is the most popular and is generally seen as the most credible. However, it can also be more expensive.
- Other popular TLDs include .org, .net, and .info. These TLDs are less expensive than .com, but they may not be as credible.
- There are also a number of newer TLDs available, such as .xyz and .club. These TLDs are typically less expensive than the more established TLDs, but they may not be as widely recognized.
- When choosing a TLD, it is important to consider your target audience and what you want your website to achieve. If you are targeting a global audience, then .com is a good choice. If you are targeting a specific country, then you may want to choose a country-code TLD, such as .uk or .de.
- If you are looking for a more unique TLD, then you can choose a custom TLD. Custom TLDs can be more expensive, but they can also be a good way to stand out from the competition.
- Second-level domains are the part of the domain name that comes before the TLD. For example, in the domain name www.google.com, “google” is the second-level domain. Second-level domains can be important for SEO, as they can help to improve the relevance of your website to search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Dashes can be used in domain names, but they can be controversial. Some people believe that dashes can make a domain name more memorable, while others believe that they can make it look unprofessional.
- Keywords can also be used in domain names, but they should be used carefully. If you use too many keywords, your domain name may look spammy.
Overall, the best TLD for your website depends on your specific needs and goals. By considering all of the factors involved for “How to pick a Domain Name”, you can choose a TLD that will help you achieve your desired results.