E-A-T is part of Google’s algorithm, and stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. it was initially mentioned by Google in their Search Quality Guidelines in 2014.
In a nutshell, it is a feature that denotes a high-quality page, making it useful for consumers. If your site is a medical, legal, or financial site, then having good E-A-T is crucial.
- The knowledge and experience of the content’s creator.
- The content’s authorship, the content’s quality, and the website’s overall authority.
- Trustworthiness of the content author, the content itself, and the website.
Google’s definition of E-A-T is illustrated by the following example:
“High E-A-T news articles should be produced with journalistic professionalism – they should contain factually accurate content presented in a way that helps users achieve a better understanding of events. High E-A-T news sources typically have published established editorial policies and robust review processes.”
Is E-A-T a Ranking Factor?
It does not impact the ranking Directly but as part of its algorithm, Google uses a guideline known as E-A-T to decide which information is of high quality and should be given preference in search results, considering whether a company has a good or terrible reputation, whether they are referenced in authoritative sources, and whether or not they are a trustworthy.
So Why Is E-A-T Important for SEO?
“Content is king” Or “User love high-quality content”. Content should be created by experts having expertise with real-life experience.
Great content, according to their standards, should include the following elements:
- Helping others is always appreciated.
- Created by a specialist.
- Be published on a reputable website.
- Always be honest and reliable in your dealings with other people.
- Keep yourself up-to-date on a regular basis.
Here’s Your E-A-T Checklist
- Give Visitors a Detailed Account of Yourself
- Consult with Professionals to Produce Content
- Clarify the goal of your content
- Post new content on a regular basis
- Provide a Direct Link to Reliable Resources
- Consider Different Points of View
- Pay Attention to Your Online Reputation
Despite our best efforts, we couldn’t observe any progress on this site after months of work. Even before we knew what E-A-T was, they were one of our earliest success stories. We had suggested the following, which we believe was crucial to their success:
- Increasing their profile as a key player in their industry (software as a service). This entailed gaining a lot of credit for becoming an authority figure.
- Making it more obvious to users why they should get involved. To put it another way, we increased the amount of text on the website to entice visitors to place their trust in the company.
- Getting rid of flimsy ideas. While this isn’t a direct E-A-T issue, we believe it can help build trust.
Medical site sees great gains after improving author E-A-T
- Each of their blogs now includes bios for the authors that contributed to them. All of the author profiles bragged about the author’s E-A-T and linked to a detailed article on that author, which went into great length about prizes they’d received, places they’d been mentioned, and other things.
- They enlisted the help of renowned doctors in their profession to fact-check their work. In addition, physicians received an author box, and their E-A-T was lauded.
- Medical scientific references have being used more effectively.
- All of their posts now have a “last updated” date next to them, and they do quarterly evaluations to see if new information should be included.
ECommerce site jumps to page one for competitive terms
Changes to this website that were not directly connected to E-A-T, such as better internal linking. However, the following is also suggested as a way to help them continue to be successful:
- The About page has been greatly improved, demonstrating why they are regarded as one of the best in their profession.. This includes updating information about honors received, celebrity endorsements, and media appearances.
- More information about E-A-T on their main page to inform visitors.
- Added client testimonials to several places on the site to encourage customers to put their faith in the company.
- I’ve made it crystal obvious who’s in charge of what on the website.
Join Digital Marketing Course to Learn how to achieve E-A-T
Suvidit Academy Digital Marketing Course is best to learn the Skill of designing and optimizing it for SEO and to Learn how to achieve E-A-T. This course will keeps you aligned with the digital transformation initiatives happening across the world and help you learn the skills by Doing & Practicing on daily basis.